Property Assessments and calculation of the tax rate are overseen by the Board of Selectmen. Fremont completed a statistical revaluation for the 04/01/2015 tax year. This is required every five years according to the NH Constitution and NH DRA Rules. Our next process will be for the 2020 tax year.
- The 2005 tax rate was $18.45 with an equalization ratio of 97.5%.
- The 2006 tax rate was $20.27 with an equalization ratio of 95.7%.
- The 2007 tax rate was $21.23 with an equalization ratio of 96.8%.
- The 2008 tax rate was $22.56 with an equalization ratio of 104.6%.
- The 2009 tax rate was $23.12 with an equalization ratio of 118.2%.
- The 2010 tax rate was $26.55 with an equalization ratio of 101.1%.
- The 2011 tax rate was $27.27 with an equalization rate of 98.9%.
- The 2012 tax rate was $27.80 with an equalization rate of 108.7%.
- The 2013 tax rate was $28.51 with an equalization rate of 103.1%
- The 2014 tax rate was $28.22 with an equalization rate of 98.2%.
- The 2015 tax rate was $29.00 with an equalization rate of 94.5%.
- The 2016 tax rate is $29.88 with an equalization rate of 87.8%.
- The 2017 tax rate is $29.19 with an equalization rate of 85.8%.
- The 2018 tax rate is $29.40 with an equalization rate of 75.3%.
- The 2019 tax rate is $31.05. The equalization rate will be set in the spring of 2020.
If you are buying a specific property, find out what the actual taxes are for a full year and ask questions about the assessment. Every state assesses differently and this may avoid surprises after you move in. The tax year in the State of NH runs from April 1 to March 31. Fremont bills twice per year, with taxes due at July 1 and December 1 annually. Contact the Selectmen's Office for all assessing information.
Many banks and mortgage companies automatically send in payments from escrows. You should contact your lender to find out if your mortgage is on an automatic payment list. This could avoid a double payment.
For any questions on how your tax assessment was derived or copies of your tax card, or for information on credits or exemptions, call the Selectmen's Office at 603 895 2226 x 301 x 303 or x 302.
For questions about the balance on any tax bill, contact the Tax Collector at 603 895 8693 x 307.